A video dramatization
of the Wakefield scandal

September 13th, 2011 · 9 Comments · Narrative

Much has been written about Andrew Wakefield’s fraudulent Lancet study.  This is the first video dramatization I’ve seen. In two parts, from Vaccines: Getting to the Point, by FAIR Media, 2011.

Disclosure: I was interviewed for the video, but alas, my face didn’t make the final cut.

• 1 Harold L Doherty // Oct 17, 2011 at 3:28 am

Don’t worry I am sure there will be many more Brian Deer productions attacking a 1998 study. Autism “News” Beat? Can you say that with a straight face?

• 2 Andrew // Nov 2, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Harold,

While I understand why you think that everyone already knows Andrew Wakefield is a fraud, if you poke around the Internet, you’ll find lots of people who still run across his lies without seeing the refutations that you (of course) are well aware of. ANB provides a valuable service by continuing to spread the word.

• 3 Amber // Dec 17, 2011 at 5:46 pm

I enjoyed the videos and was not familiar with the specifics of the case, so thanks for posting. :)

• 4 Lowell // Apr 20, 2012 at 7:55 pm

Ken Reibel is a scum ridden and lying doosh bag!!!!

Misinforming the public like you do is going to get you your place in hell. I would consider some actual and real soul searching if I were you.

• 5 Lowell // Apr 20, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Go there is you want the real truth information, and some unbiased science!

• 6 Lowell // Apr 20, 2012 at 7:57 pm

If !!!!!!!

• 7 Chris // Apr 21, 2012 at 10:29 am

Mr. Lowell, I noticed that your website has very little science on it. It actually seems to have a great deal of articles (and videos) by those who gain financially by scaremongering (Null, Eisenstein, Blaylock, Cannell, Wakefield, Moulden, Buttar, Ayoub, etc).

Now, here is a question you need to answer here by posting the title, journal and dates of the PubMed indexed papers that show there was a sharp increase in cases of autism in the USA starting in 1971. That was the year that the MMR vaccine with the Jeryl Lynn mumps component was introduced.

Do not post anymore websites, and definitely nothing written prior to Wakefield’s 1998 now retracted Lancet paper.

• 8 Chris // Apr 21, 2012 at 10:31 am

“and definitely nothing written prior to Wakefield’s 1998 now retracted Lancet paper.”

I meant they all need to written prior to 1998, actually it would be great if all the papers dated from 1972 to 1985.

• 9 Andrew // Apr 22, 2012 at 11:57 am

See Harold: in spite of your belief that Wakefield’s fraud is old news that everyone already is fully aware of, we’ve run across another fellow who hadn’t gotten the word yet.